Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
The auspicious year of 1957 is celebrated as the inaugural year of Maharishi worldwide Transcendental Meditation Movement, but Maharishi has explained that the Movement truly began in the blissful, infinite silence of his Master, Shri Guru Dev, Maha Yogiraj, His Divinity Brahmanand Saraswati Maharaj, Jagatguru Bhagavan Shankaracharya of Jyotir Math, Badrikashram, Himalayas. Guru Dev is revered as the embodiment of Vedic Wisdom closest to Maharishi in the great Tradition of Vedic Masters who has passed down the eternal wisdom of life from teacher to student since time immemorial.
The Vedic Tradition, upheld in its purity by a long history of custodians, enshrines the supreme knowledge of the integration of life. From time to time a revival of man understanding of the eternal wisdom of this Holy Tradition arises to rescue him from suffering, restoring him to the speedy path of evolution, and awakening him to a meaningful life in fulfillment. The Masters of this Tradition have been exponents of reality from earliest ages. In each new epoch, they have propounded the enduring truths of practical living and have set out those standards by which mens lives may attain the highest achievements and fulfillment, generation after generation -Maharishi
In 1953, after twelve years of service to the feet of Guru Dev, Maharishi retired to the caves of the Valley of the Saintsin Uttar Kashi, high in the Himalayas. Deep in the silence of the Himalayas, the impulse of Nature itself led Maharishi in 1955 to leave his secluded life in Uttar Kashi and travel to the southern-most tip of India, with no other thought or plan in his mind than simply to follow the whisper of Nature,Rameshvaram. But in this innocent move was contained the blueprint of a new age and a new civilization, just as the sprouting of a seed has all the vitality to expand and produce the fruit, season after season.
Years later Maharishi recalled:Coming from the Himalayas, I had the thought it was very fresh in mind that it is not necessary for man to suffer. All the literature in India is full of beautiful exaltations. The Veda says, Amritasy Putraah sons of Immortality addressing all mankind as sons of immortality. The Veda says, Of Anand [bliss] all this is born, in Anand all this is sustained, and to Anand all this is going. But where is the reality of this in the day-to-day life of the people? With singular purpose, Maharishi began to offer the technique of Transcendental Meditation in the name of Guru Dev, for people everywhere to experience unbounded Bliss Consciousness and integrate it into daily life. What emerges from the events of the next fifty-three years is a clear picture of how Nature, working through Maharishi, has changed the destiny of time from the suffering of ignorance to the dawn of a golden age Sat-Yuga Heaven on Earth.
Reflecting on Maharishi Achievements, we are reminded of words Maharishi used to describe the life of Guru Dev: The greatest attainment of a saint is his life itself, the high edifice of Realized Upanishadic living that develops from direct experience of reality. To understand that inner personality one must approach such realized souls with an open and receptive mind and try to visualize the great internal life that is the basis of their actual and real form of living.
1957 Maharishi Year of Transcendental Meditation: In the memory of Shri Guru Dev, His Divinity Brahmanand Saraswati, Jagatguru Shankaracharya of Jyotir Math, celebrating the Conference of Spiritual Luminaries of India, Maharishi inaugurates the Spiritual Regeneration Movement on 31 December in Madras, India, to spiritually regenerate the world.
1958 Maharishi Year of Spiritual Regeneration Movement: 1 January 1958 is the turning point in the history of the human race, as Maharishi formally inaugurates* the worldwide Spiritual Regeneration Movement.
- In the first three months of 1958, Maharishi establishes twenty-five centres of the Spiritual Regeneration Movement throughout India, and teaches Transcendental Meditation to thousands of people.
- On 27 April Maharishi begins his first world tour to teach Transcendental Meditation and to carry the beacon light of the Himalayas to all mankind.
1959 Maharishi Year of Global Awakening: Maharishi establishes Transcendental Meditation throughout the United States and England and promises: ˜I will fill the world with the light of knowledge and create Heaven on Earth.
1960 Maharishi Year of Cosmic Consciousness: Maharishi explains the development of Cosmic Consciousness rising through the daily practice of Transcendental Meditation.
- In London at Caxton Hall, Maharishi inaugurates his Three-Year Plan(1960 1962), the first systematic plan in the history of the world to enlighten the whole mankind. (By the year 2008, millions of people throughout the world have learnt the Transcendental Meditation Programme.)
1961 Maharishi Year of Teacher Training: Maharishi multiplies himself and conducts the first International Transcendental Meditation Teacher Training Course in Ram Nagar, Rishikesh, India.
- Maharishi conducts the First World Assembly of the Spiritual Regeneration Movement in London. 5,000 attend the open session in the famous Royal Albert Hall
1962 Maharishi Year of Theory of the Absolute: Maharishi expounds to the scientists in New York his Theory of the Absolute to enrich all fields of relative existence, and continues to train teachers of Transcendental Meditation in different countries, using audio and video technology
- Following prolonged clapping from the vast audience, Maharishi said: When this is the response from Mother Nature on the thought of spiritually regenerating the world through this practice, well inaugurate a world movement, well inaugurate Spiritual Regeneration Movement here tomorrow evening.
- We believe men are in need of something that would develop their latent faculties, help them to rise above the cares and anxieties of life to a high pedestal of peace and happiness and increased efficiency in the field of action. Such men do not belong to any one particular province or land, and they are not the followers of any one religion or philosophy. They are the citizens of the universe and are scattered all over the world, following different religions. For them all is meant this Spiritual Regeneration Movement. (Maharishi, 1 January, Madras, India)
1963 Maharishi Year of the Science of Being and Art of Living: Maharishi gives to the world his first book, The Science of Being and Art of Living.
1964 Maharishi Year of God Consciousness: In response to the growing experiences of higher states of consciousness, Maharishi explains experiences of Transcendental Meditation in terms of Transcendental Consciousness, Cosmic Consciousness, and God Consciousness.
1965 Maharishi Year of Bhagavad-Gita: Maharishi explains experiences of Transcendental Meditation in terms of the Vedic Principle of Action Nishkam karma yogaYogastha kuru karmani: Established in Being, perform action.
- Maharishi completes his commentary on the Bhagavad-Gita, the first six chapters (Bhagavad-Gita, A New Translation and Commentary, Chapters 16).
1966 Maharishi Year of Academy of Meditation: Maharishi inaugurates the first International Academy of Meditation in Shankaracharya Nagar, Rishikesh, India.
1967 Maharishi Year of Unity Consciousness: Maharishi explains the nature of Unity Consciousness, the pinnacle of human evolution, and inaugurates the first European Meditation Academy in Bremen, Germany.
1968 Maharishi Year of Students: The Students International Meditation Society is founded in many countries, and for the first time video technology is used to record an entire course taught by Maharishi for one month in Squaw Valley, USA.
1969 Maharishi Year of Supreme Knowledge: Maharishi comments on the Brahm Sutra, the textbook of Vedant Unity Consciousness.
1970 Maharishi Year of Scientific Research: The first scientific research on Transcendental Meditation is published. (In the years which follow, more than 600 scientific research studies are conducted at over 230 independent universities and research institutes in 35 countries, validating the profound benefits of Maharishi Transcendental Meditation Programme for the individual and for every area of society, including health, education, business, industry, rehabilitation, defence, agriculture, and government.)
- Maharishi receives the Man of Hope Award given To him who seeks to uplift the human spirit.
1971 Maharishi Year of Science of Creative Intelligence: Maharishi formulates the Science of Creative Intelligence (SCI)the Science of Consciousness.The main theme of SCI is that there exists a source from which Creative Intelligence springs and a goal toward which it progresses as the process of evolution unfolds. This source and this goal are identical and can be identified as the innermost area of one own life, as the source of the thinking process: the self-referral consciousness of everyone, the field of pure Creative Intelligence.Maharishi.
- Maharishi conducts International Symposia on the Science of Creative Intelligence and creates an awakening of Total Knowledge in the field of education.
- Maharishi International University (now Maharishi University of Management) is established in the United States, to serve as a model of higher education in the world.
1972 Maharishis Year of the World Plan: With 2,000 newly trained teachers of the Science of Creative Intelligence (Mallorca, Spain) Maharishi inaugurates the World Plan to solve the age-old problems of mankind in this generation. The seven Goals of the World Plan are: 1. To develop the full potential of the individual; 2. To improve governmental achievements; 3. To realise the highest ideal of education; 4. To solve the problems of crime, drug abuse, and all behaviour that brings unhappiness to the family of man; 5. To maximize the intelligent use of the environment; 6. To bring fulfilment to the economic aspirations of individuals and society; 7. To achieve the spiritual goals of mankind in this generation.
1973 Maharishis Year of Action for the World Plan: Maharishi trains over 2,000 teachers of the Science of Creative Intelligence in La Antilla, Spain, and establishes 2,000 World Plan Centres to offer courses in Transcendental Meditation and the Science of Creative Intelligence throughout the world.
- Maharishi gives the Keynote Address at the 28th Annual Conference of the American Association of Higher Education in Chicago, USA, attended by 3,000 educators.
- Maharishi holds historic meetings with the Illinois and Michigan State Legislatures.
- Maharishi trains teachers of the Science of Creative Intelligence in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and is welcomed by His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, whose government declared the Science of Creative Intelligence as a knowledge that is useful and necessary to the progress of life.
- Maharishis Alliance for Knowledge (94 pages), a proposal to the governments of the world to redesign the destiny of their nations, is sent to every Head of State.
1974 Maharishis Year of Achievement of the World Plan: The Maharishi Effect is discovered: one per cent of the population of any city practicing Transcendental Meditation results in an overall increase of positive trends in society. The Maharishi Effect, named by scientists in honour of Maharishi who first predicted it, establishes a new formula for the creation of an ideal society.
- Maharishi International University (now Maharishi University of Management) is established in Fairfield, Iowa, USA.
1975 Maharishis Year of the Dawn of the Age of Enlightenment: ˜Through the window of science, we see the Dawn of the Age of Enlightenment.Maharishi
- Maharishi embarks on a global tour to inaugurate the Dawn of the Age of Enlightenment on all five continentsfor Asia in India, New Delhi, Vigyan Bhavan Hall; for Europe in England, London, Royal Albert Hall; for North America in Canada, Ottawa, Chateau Laurier; for South America in Argentina, Buenos Aires, Cultural Centre of San Martin; and for Africa in Ivory Coast, Abidjan, Palais des CongrÃ¨s Houphouet Boigny
- Maharishi establishes MERUMaharishi European Research Universityin Switzerland. This global inauguration brings the dawn of new knowledge. Maharishi revives the total theoretical and practical knowledge of Yoga after thousands of years, and with hundreds of course participants in Interlaken and other beautiful areas of Switzerland, Maharishi holds six-month courses to enliven consciousness as ˜a field of all possibilities.
1976 Maharishis Year of Government: Maharishi inaugurates the World Government of the Age of Enlightenment with sovereignty in the domain of consciousness and authority in the invincible power of Natural Law, to purify world consciousness and guide the destiny of mankind.
- Maharishi introduces the Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme Including Yogic Flying to accelerate the evolution of the individual to enlightenment and to purify world consciousness. (By the year 2008, more than 500,000 people around the world have learnt Maharishis Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme.)
- Maharishi creates four annual seasonal Festivals of the Age of Enlightenment to set each season in the tempo of success for noble aspirations and higher achievements.
1977 Maharishis Year of Ideal Society: Maharishi inaugurates his Ideal Society Campaign by sending Yogic Flyers to 108 countries. Wherever they go the police take the credit for lowering the crime rate. With this global success, Maharishi formulates his Absolute Theories of Government, Education, Health, Defence, Economy, Management, and Law and Order to raise every area of life to perfection.
1978 Maharishis Year of Invincibility to Every Nation: Scientists discover the Extended Maharishi Effect, whereby just the square root of one per cent of the population practicing Maharishis Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme Including Yogic Flying is sufficient to create coherence in collective consciousness. Maharishi validates this formula by sending groups of Yogic Flyers to the most troubled spots on earth. Scientific research records success.
1979 Maharishis Year of All Possibilities: Maharishi proclaims ˜all possibilities for mankind through his science of consciousness and designs the Global Super Radiance programme, in order to maximize the influence of Sattwa (coherence) in the family of nations.
- The first World Peace Assembly with several thousand in attendance convenes in Amherst, USA, to create coherence in world consciousness.
1980 Maharishis Year of Pure Knowledge, the Veda: Maharishi brings to light his timeless commentary of Rig Veda, the Apaurusheya Bhashya, and introduces the principles of Ayur-Veda the Science of Lifeas the total knowledge of perfect health in the direction of immortality.
- Maharishi conducts the First International Vedic Science Course in New Delhi, India, and through the quiet performance of the Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme by 3,000 students of his Vedic Science, calms down the growing violent tendencies in India, demonstrating the rise of Sattwa (coherence).
1981 Maharishis Year of Vedic Science: Maharishi organizes the centuries-old scattered Vedic Literature as a complete literature of a perfect scienceMaharishis Vedic Science and Technology the Science and Technology of Consciousness.
1982 Maharishis Year of Natural Law: Maharishi establishes the Vedic Principles and Programmes for bringing life in accord with Natural Lawthe Will of God.
- Maharishi inaugurates Maharishi University of Natural Law in England and 1,008 Colleges of Natural Law for the whole world.
- Maharishi celebrates the Silver Jubilee of his worldwide Transcendental Meditation Movement.
1983 Maharishis Year of the Unified Field: Maharishi brings to light the Unified Field Theories of modern Physics with reference to the self-referral field of Transcendental Consciousness, the field of pure knowledge.
- Maharishi celebrates the Rising Sunshine of the Age of Enlightenment for the whole world and tours five continents, blessing many nations: in AfricaKenya, Ivory Coast, Zambia, and The Gambia; In EuropeItaly, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Spain, former Yugoslavia, Hamsa (Hungary), former Czechoslovakia, Greece, France, Holland, Finland, England, and Ireland; in South AmericaBrazil, Colombia, and Bolivia; in North Americathe United States.
- Maharishi gives the world its ˜First Taste of Utopia through the first assembly of 7,000 Yogic Flyers gathered for three weeks at Maharishi International University, Fairfield, Iowa, USA, who create the Global Maharishi Effect.
1984 Maharishis Year of Unified Field-Based Civilization: Maharishi begins to establish the irreversibility of the Global Maharishi Effect by holding large World Peace Assemblies in different countries.
1985 Maharishis Year of Unified Field-Based Education: Maharishi formulates a perfect system of Vedic Education based on consciousness.
- Maharishi creates Veda-Leela, the play of the Veda, which narrates and displays the mechanics of creation.
1986 Maharishis Year of Perfect Health: Maharishi implements his World Plan for Perfect Health to create a disease-free society and bring self-sufficiency in health care to every nation.
1987 Maharishis Year of World Peace: Maharishi presents to the world his Programme to Create World Peace through the mechanics of the Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Yogic Flying Programme.
- Maharishi presents to the world Gandharva Veda music for creating balance in Nature.
1988 Maharishis Year of Achieving World Peace: Maharishi inaugurates his Master Plan to Create Heaven on Earth for the reconstruction of the whole worldinner and outer.
- Warring tendencies are transformed into friendlinessthe superpowers shake hands.
1989 Maharishis Year of Heaven on Earth: Maharishi implements his Master Plan.
- The unifying quality characterizes world consciousness as evidenced by the fall of the Berlin wall.
1990 Maharishis Year of Alliance with Natures Government: Maharishi offers Alliance with Natures Government to every nation.
- Maharishi introduces the knowledge of Natural Law for perfection in every profession to create ˜Heaven Builders.
1991 Maharishis Year of Support of Natures Government: Maharishi invites all governments to align themselves with the Constitution of the Universe, to make their administrations as effective as the Government of Nature.
1992 Maharishis Year of The Constitution of The Universe: Maharishi brings to light the Constitution of the Universe, which governs the infinite diversity of the universe with perfect order so that the nourishing power of Natural Law will support and enrich every national administration in our world family.
- Maharishis Supreme Political Science for problem-free government inspires the formation of the Natural Law Party.
- Between 19911992, two hundred Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools, with over 100,000 students, are established in India.
1993 Maharishis Year of Administration through Natural LawRaam Raj: Maharishi launches a programme for Natural Law-Based Administration to bring the nourishing influence of the Constitution of the Universe to every government.
- Four thousand Yogic Flyers from sixty-four countries create coherence in Washington, DCthe crime rate decreases twenty-nine per cent.
- Maharishi Institute of Management, with six branches in India, offers MBA and computer science courses in the light of Maharishis Vedic Management.
1994 Maharishis Year of Discovery of Veda in Human Physiology: Maharishi heralds the dawn of Vedic Civilization based on the discovery of Veda in human physiology, which establishes the grand unity of all sciences and all religions.
- Maharishi offers to create a PREVENTION WING in every military to disallow the birth of an enemy.
1995 Maharishis Year of Silence: Maharishi Vedic UniversityMaharishi Mahesh Yogi Vedic Vishwavidyalaya is established in the State of Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Maharishi University of Management is established in the United States, Japan, Holland, and Russia.
- Maharishi inaugurates Maharishi Medical Colleges and Universities around the world to train doctors in his Vedic Approach to Health.
1996 Maharishis Year of Awakening: All Maharishi Universities teach one basic subject Atma, the Self, consciousness and this is the dawn of a new awakening in the worldTotal Knowledge for higher consciousness.
1997 Maharishis Year of Global Administration through Natural Law: Having introduced the knowledge of the Constitution of the Universe in 1992, Maharishi establishes the practical programmes to actualize ideal administration in the world through the Constitution of the Universe. Maharishi inaugurates Global Administration through Natural Law with twelve Time-Zone Capitals to establish problem-free administration that mirrors administration through Natural Law, which governs the infinite diversity of the universe with perfect order.
- Maharishis theme of problem-free administration based on the total knowledge of Natural Law Vedathe Constitution of the Universe, the field of Total Knowledge, is Vedic Knowledge made available to everyone through Maharishis Vedic Education; Vedic Health Care; Vedic Administration; Vedic Economy; Vedic Management; Vedic Defence; Vedic Law, Justice, and Rehabilitation; Vedic Architecture; and Vedic Agriculture.
1998 Maharishis Second Year of Global Administration through Natural Law: To facilitate global administration, Maharishi establishes a global network of eight satellites broadcasting in eighteen languages. Maharishi ChannelMaharishi Veda Visionand Maharishi Open University bring Maharishis Vedic Wisdom to homes on every continent.
1999 Maharishis Third Year of Global Administration through Natural Law: Maharishi designs the Perfect Man Course to raise the individual to higher levels of evolution in the direction of perfection, on the basis of the practical knowledge of total Natural Lawthe knowledge of his own SelfAtmaVedathe Constitution of the Universethe supreme administering intelligence of the universe.
2000 Maharishis Fourth Year of Global Administration through Natural Law: Maharishi inaugurates his Global Country of World Peace to create an indomitable influence of nonviolence in world consciousness, and crowns Professor Tony Nader, MD, Ph.D., as His Majesty Raja Raam, First Sovereign Ruler of the Global Country of World Peace, for his historic discovery of Veda in human physiology for which he was weighed in gold (1998).
- His Majesty Raja Raam declares Veda to be the Constitution of his Global Country of World Peace and appoints forty Ministers to be guided by the forty qualities of Cosmic Intelligence expressed in the Vedic Literature.
- Maharishi establishes his Programme to Eliminate Poverty in the world through the development of unused agricultural lands, using Vedic Organic Agriculture principles and practices.
- Maharishi celebrates Swara-Jayant¡, the Golden Jubilee of Shri Guru Dev, His Divinity Brahmanand Saraswati, the most illustrious in the galaxy of Jagatguru Shankaracharyas of India, through whose divine grace the knowledge for living perfection in life is now available to all mankind.
- Maharishi inspires the formation of the World Federation of Traditional Kings on 22 October, to awaken the parental role of the leaders of traditional cultures in the world to maintain peace in their areas of influence.
2001 Maharishis Year of Global Country of World Peace: Maharishi blesses the largest gathering of humanity in historythe Maha Kumbha Mela, Prayag, Indiathrough the delegation of His Majesty Raja Raam and his forty Ministers.
- Maharishis global initiative for permanent world peace is launched in response to the outburst of terrorism in the USA.
- Programmes are designed to create a permanent influence of world peace from one countryIndia through the performance of Yoga, Yagya (Graha Shanti and Devi Aradhana) by 40,000 Vedic Pandits on the Ganges banks.
- Maharishi Vedic City is founded in Iowa, USA, to be a model of ideal city life, with its constitution based on the Constitution of the Universe, Total Natural Law, the Veda.
2002 Maharishis Year of Raam Mudra: In order to create a balanced world economy, His Majesty Raja Raam names the year 2002 as Maharishis Year of Raam Mudra.
- The global development currency Raam Mudra is designed to alleviate poverty in the world.
- Maharishi conducts special one-month Enlightenment Conferences and designs a programme to construct 3,000 Peace Palaces to provide every major city in the world with a powerful influence of coherence and harmony.
- Maharishi offers profound knowledge and prevention-oriented solutions to the world through a continuum of weekly global press conferences, broadcast live via satellite, internet webcast, and teleconference (visit www.mou.org or www.globalcountry.org, Maharishis Great Global Events page of www.globalgoodnews.com).
- Maharishi launches his Global Health Programmea computerized programme based on Maharishis Vedic Medicine for prevention, cure, and the creation of a disease-free society.
2003 Maharishis Year of Ideal GovernmentRaam Raj: Maharishi welcomes every government to contract with the Global Country of World Peace to create prevention-oriented problem free administration.
- Maharishi ensures achievement of the long-sought goal of mankindpermanent world peacethrough the creation of 3,000 Peace Palaces in the largest cities of the world, and establishment of the largest group of Vedic Pandits in India, ˜permeating all time and all space values with harmony, with evenness of higher intelligence through recitation of the Veda and programmes of Vedic Yagya and Graha Shanti.
- The Maharishi World Peace Trust of Germany is founded to begin construction of Peace Palaces in the sixty largest cities of Germany and in the largest cities of Europe.
- Maharishi inaugurates the Parliament of World Peace to raise world consciousness to a high degree of coherence for all nations to enjoy permanent peace.
- On the auspicious Guru Purnima Day, 13 July 2003, Maharishi offers to every government to train their administrators to engage in their administrative policies and programmes the intelligence and energy of total Natural Lawthe Light of Godthe Will of Godwhich governs the universe with perfect order. Maharishi explains that this training of administrators, on one hand, will make the process of administration the steps of evolution for the administrator, and, on the other hand, will render administration prevention- oriented and free from problems, and give it the character of ˜Automation in Administration.
2004 Maharishis Year of Peace Palaces: Maharishi devotes the major part of this year to guiding the creation of 3,000 Peace Palaces around the world, to produce an influence of harmony and peace in the world and bring the knowledge and experience of the total potential of Natural Law to everyone. ˜That is our task this yeara very delightful taskto perpetuate the knowledge that has proven itself to be complete knowledge of the nature of man. The entire divine power in man will now have a permanent home everywhere in every country.Maharishi (12 January 2004)
- Maharishis Consciousness-Based Education receives worldwide recognition for its profound benefits to student well-being, and Maharishi addresses education conferences in Los Angeles, New York, and Washington, DC, USA and explains that: ˜Transcendental Meditation is a natural way to fathom the Unified Field; to develop the whole brain to function in every thought, speech, and action, and promote excellence in ones personal and professional life.
- Maharishi establishes the Parliament of World Peace, to set forth a system of administration that will harmonize the differences that dominate relationships between nations, and to take all systems of administration to the supreme levelthe Will of Godavailable in the Atma, the Self, of everyone.
- Maharishi begins to train Raam Raj Administrators to administer society from the level of enlightenment for all times to come.
- Maharishi pledges to fulfill the aspiration of the wise throughout the ages to create invincibility for every nation and permanent world peace. Thousands of people come forward to accept Maharishis call to be Founders of World Peace:
- ˜I invite four people from every city to come forward with the desire to establish peace, prosperity, and happiness in their Motherland. Through these people, I will raise their nation above the reach of problems and build a mansion of permanent peace in the worldMaharishi (16 July 2004). By the end of this year, Holland is established as a model for all countries to follow in implementing Maharishis offer of invincibility to every nation through the creation of Peace Palaces in all major cities, and a campaign to establish a group of 8,000 Yogic Flyers to create an influence of harmony in national and world consciousness.
2005 Maharishis Year of Golden Jubilee: Fifty years ago Maharishi left the Valley of the Saints in Uttar Kashi, endowed only with the confidence he possessed in the knowledge of life and living bestowed on him by his beloved Master, Shri Guru Dev, His Divinity Brahmanand Saraswati, Jagatguru Shankaracharya of Jyotir Math, Badarikashram, to extend the light of the Himalayas to the farthest corners of the earth and awaken each soul to the experience of Atma, eternal Bliss Consciousness, the Divine inner Self of man. We usher in the new year by celebrating the achievements of the past fifty years, which have opened wide the gates of Heaven on Earth for all mankind, and we see before us the glorious fulfillment of Maharishis worldwide Movement to spiritually regenerate the whole world.
- Maharishi ushers in a new era of peace on earth through inauguration of a global programme to establish Maharishi Vedic Universities, Colleges, and Schools in 3,000 cities throughout the world, to offer the knowledge and practical programmes to actualize the Constitution of the Universethe Unified Fieldin the daily life of every individual and nation. Maharishi emphasizes that total knowledge of the Constitution of the Universe cannot be gained through lectures and discussions alone. ˜The Constitution f the Universe is beyond human intellect, Maharishi said. ˜It is on the transcendental level of Being. It is unmanifest, eternal, beyond relativity, and not subject to change. Vedic Literature provides the practical programmes, including Transcendental Meditation, its advanced techniques, and Yogic Flying, for everyone to actualize the Constitution of the Universe in daily life. (12 January 2005).
- Maharishi completes the first two Raam Raj Administrator Training Courses. Its graduates, twenty-two Rajas, will guide the destiny of mankind through the silent administration of Total Knowledge and Total Action. Raam Raj Administrators are the administrators of the cosmic value of life from the absolute, completely unmanifest field of eternal silence.
- Maharishi conducts a worldwide Recertification Course for Teachers of Transcendental Meditation, to re-establish the eternal Vedic Tradition of teaching from generation to generation. Every day the course participants are inspired by the flow of Supreme Knowledge.
- In a memorable one-week celebration, Maharishi inaugurates the Dawn of Sat-Yuga, with global Puja to Shri Guru Dev, together with two thousand leaders of his worldwide Movement assembled in MERU, Holland 21-25 July, and thousands more participating via satellite and internet. Maharishi offers to Guru Dev the Constitution of the Universe the radiance of the transcendental Selfto establish the world in peace and happiness for all times to come.
- Maharishi inspires builders on all continents to reconstruct the whole world and build Maharishi Peace Palaces; Maharishi Vedic Universities, Colleges, and Schools; Maharishi Colleges of Natural Medicine and Prevention; Maharishi Natural Medicine Hospitals; Maharishi Fortune-Creating Homes, Office Buildings, Malls, and Hotels; Maharishi Vedic Farms; and buildings for professional peace-creating groups. (www.globalreconstruction.org)